- Amazon Brand Registry Trademark Requirements
- Argentina Trademark
- Australia Trademark
- Canada Trademark
- China Trademark
- EU Trademark (EUTM)
- Hong Kong Trademark
- India Trademark
- International Trademark Application (Madrid)
- Mexico Trademark
- New Zealand Trademark
- Taiwan Trademark
- Trademark Transfer and Trademark Assignment
- UK Trademark
- US Trademark
- US Trademark Application - Applicant Information
- US Trademark Application Process
In order to apply for a US trademark application, the Applicant must provide the following information:
- Applicant Name
- Applicant Entity Type (such as individual, limited liability company, etc.). If the Applicant is not an individual, please list the signatory’s information (including the owner or director name, and the job title of the owner or director).
- Applicant Nationality
- Applicant Contact Information, including Postal Code
- Applicant’s previous registered marks. If the Applicant has previously filed for trademarks, please email us a list of all previous trademarks.
- Word Mark or Design Mark (Logo). If applying for a Design Mark, the image file should be at least 500px on one side. If the mark has industry terminology and/or non-English words, please include the transliterations, translations, and definitions.
- Application Basis (such as based on Actual Use, based on a foreign trademark registration, etc.).
- List of protected goods and services. To find specific goods and services, please search the USPTO’s master list of acceptable trademarked goods and services. Compared to other countries, the USPTO is very strict about the list of protected goods and services. Be sure that the Applicant lists only the trademarked goods and services that are sold in the US.
If applying on an Actual Use basis, Applicant must provide the following additional information:
- First dates of use in US commerce for each trademarked good and service.
- First dates of use anywhere in the world for each trademarked good and service.
- Images of the product and packaging for each trademarked good and service. The image file should be at least 500px on one side.
If applying based on a foreign trademark registration, Applicant must provide the following additional information:
- A scan of the foreign trademark certificate.
- A signed English translation of the trademark certificate, if the foreign trademark certificate is not in English.
- The registration date of the foreign trademark.
- The expiration date of the foreign trademark.
- The renewal date of the foreign trademark, if applicable.
Information posted or made available on or through this website is subject to the Terms, Conditions, and Disclaimers. The information is intended for general informational purposes only. No user of the website should act or refrain from acting on the basis of the information without seeking legal advice of counsel in the relevant jurisdiction.