Utility Patent / Invention Patent
- China Patent (Invention Patent)
- China Utility Model Patent
- Discounted US Patent Applications Fees for Micro Entity Status
- Discounted US Patent Applications Fees for Small Entity Status
- European Patent
- Hong Kong Patent
- India Patent
- International Patent Application (PCT)
- US Patent (Utility Patent / Invention Patent)
- US Patent Application Fees
- US Patent Application Forms
- US Patent Application Process
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) offers discounted government fees under certain conditions. One of these reduced fee scenarios is where a utility patent applicant or a design patent applicant qualifies for micro entity status under the Gross Income Basis. In order to qualify for micro entity discount on patent fees under the Gross Income Basis, all applicants and inventors listed on the US utility patent application or the US design patent application must meet all of the following requirements:
- All applicants must qualify as a small entity. For small entity status qualification criteria, please see small entity status.
- None of the applicants and inventors have been named as an inventor on more than four previously filed applications.
- None of the applicants and inventors have gross income exceeding the Maximum Qualifying Gross Income limit.
- Neither the applicants nor the inventors have assigned, granted, or conveyed, nor are under an obligation to assign, grant, or convey, a license or any rights to the patent to another entity that does not meet the Maximum Qualifying Gross Income limit.
The current Maximum Qualifying Gross Income is listed at:
The current USPTO fees for micro entity status applicants can be found at:
To get started on your patent or trademark application, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To consult a USPTO registered patent and trademark attorney, please visit Minderlaw.com.
You can watch informative introductory videos regarding US patent basics at the USPTO website:
Information posted or made available on or through this website is subject to the Terms, Conditions, and Disclaimers. The information is intended for general informational purposes only. No user of the website should act or refrain from acting on the basis of the information without seeking legal advice of counsel in the relevant jurisdiction.