Utility Patent / Invention Patent
- China Patent (Invention Patent)
- China Utility Model Patent
- Discounted US Patent Applications Fees for Micro Entity Status
- Discounted US Patent Applications Fees for Small Entity Status
- European Patent
- Hong Kong Patent
- India Patent
- International Patent Application (PCT)
- US Patent (Utility Patent / Invention Patent)
- US Patent Application Fees
- US Patent Application Forms
- US Patent Application Process
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) offers reduced fees for utility patent applications or design patent applications under certain conditions.
One of these reduced fee scenarios is where the patent applicant qualifies for small entity status. See 13 CFR § 121.802. To qualify for small entity discount on patent fees, all applicants and inventors listed on the application must satisfy both of the following requirements:
- The applicant and all affiliates can have no more than 500 employees in total.
- The applicant has not assigned, granted, conveyed, or licensed any rights in the invention to a large entity, and is under no obligation to assign, grant, convey, or license any rights in the invention.
The current USPTO discounted fees for small entity status applicants can be found at:
To get started on your patent or trademark application, email us at email@example.com. To consult a USPTO registered patent and trademark attorney, please visit Minderlaw.com.
US patent law is complex and a lot of information is available on the US Patent Office’s website. But there are great introductory videos on the USPTO’s website.
Information posted or made available on or through this website is subject to the Terms, Conditions, and Disclaimers. The information is intended for general informational purposes only. No user of the website should act or refrain from acting on the basis of the information without seeking legal advice of counsel in the relevant jurisdiction.